3.17.2008

Drive Thru Reviews

Stranger Than Fiction - Except for Elf, I'm not a big fan of Will Ferrell movies, mostly because of the whole "one note performance" sort of thing. But this was different for him and I liked it. I have only one gripe: the ending was a cop out. I mean, I understand their point, but I still think it would have been a better movie with a different ending. Sorry for being so cryptic, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

The Good German - I was disappointed in this one. I appreciate the effort to make the film appear to have been made during the time period in which it takes place, but I think overall they failed. It felt incredibly disjointed and George Clooney was barely present in his scenes. I read most of the book and still I was confused by the way they told the story. In fact, I'm pretty sure they made some significant changes. Anyway, I don't recommend it.

No comments: