3.12.2008

I love a parade.


03-10-2008 054, originally uploaded by gina64.

The 50th Annual New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade was this past Sunday and a bunch of went down, as usual, after a yummy full Irish breakfast.

While we were lucky to get the monsoons on Saturday, it was still pretty damn cold on parade day. We parked probably a half mile from the parade route and the wind during our walk was so frigid and fierce that I really thought we were all going to be miserable. However, it was a sunny day and we were lucky enough to find a good spot right between two bus shelters where there was absolutely no wind. Yay!

After a couple of hours of bagpipers and fife and drum corps and musket shots (one of the kids with us asked if the marchers were going around in circles), we decided to head to Toad's Place for some corned beef sandwiches, Guinness and music by the Tipperary Knights.

I took some photos, but they didn't come out as nicely as I would have liked, and that's mostly because I don't have a decent zoom lens yet. Here are a few that I liked and you can find the rest here.

03-10-2008 059

03-10-2008 0131

03-10-2008 0271

03-10-2008 0161

No comments: