3.11.2008

Idol: Top 12

Tonight's the first time Idol does the Lennon/McCartney songbook. This could be good. Or a complete train wreck.

Syesha - "Got to Get You Into My Life" - She does a good job but she's just way off my radar. She seems really old-fashioned compared with the rest.

Chikezie - "She's A Woman" - Chikezie RIPS it UP. Now I understand why he's made it this far.

Ramiele - "In My Life" - She really has a beautiful voice. The nicest voice in the bunch, but it was a little too low-key, especially after Chikezie.

Jason - "If I Fell" - He's laid back and groovy and adorable, as usual. I haven' gotten tired of it yet, but I might soon.

Carly - "Come Together" - That was amazing. It's like she was born to sing it.

David C. - "Eleanor Rigby" - Wow. Another amazing performance. He's got stupid hair but he is a Rock Star. Awesome.

Brooke - "Let It Be" - Randy's right, it was a very heartfelt performance. It was perfect, with her at the piano. And she's so likable.

David H. - "I Saw Her Standing There" - Hmm. Completely glossed over the stripper job, I see. He's kind of corny. And I don't think it's the right song for his voice. As Simon would say, this is karaoke. The first really bad performance of the night, I think.

Amanda - "You Can't Do That" - Perfect song choice for her. That's how to sing an old Beatles song and not come across as a total cheese like Hernandez. Very good. She's not a great singer but she brings some life to this competition.

Michael - "Across the Universe" - My favorite performance of his so far. And boy is he pretty.

Kristy Lee Cook - "Eight Days a Week" - Hoo boy. A country version. It's original, if nothing else. And brave. You know who she sounds like? The woman who sang "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden", um...Lynn Anderson! God this song just went on and on.

David A. - "We Can Work It Out" - Oh dear. His first stumble and it was a BIG one. Forgot the words and then couldn't hit some of the big notes. Eesh. He's not going anywhere but that's a major whoops.

I have to say that overall, this was a very good night. Tune in tomorrow night to find out who goes home. If I had my way, it'd be either Syesha, David H. or Kristy Lee.

No comments: