3.25.2008

Idol: Top 10 Performances

Tonight's theme: Sing a song from the year you were born.

Ramiele - (1987) - "Alone" - Well, it was better than last week, but Carrie Underwood is a tough act to follow on this song. Are her feet glued to the stage? Randy is cranky when he's sick.

Jason - (1987) - "Fragile" - He's back in his element and his voice is much stronger tonight than last week. Great song choice, I think. He's kind of getting drowned out by the band and backup singers.

Syesha - (1987) - "If I Were Your Woman" - Hey, she's from Bridgeport. Sort of cheating there, doing the George Michael cover...but you know what? That was good. Randy's right, this was the best she has sounded yet. She does tend to shriek on the high notes, but she showed some good range. Hmm, I think I saw some of that ego rearing its ugly head again.

Chikezie - (1985) - "If Only For One Night" - Was Chikezie painting his apartment in that jacket today? I'm sorry, Chikezie, but I don't know this song. You do sing it nicely, though. Wow, Randy is in a BAD mood.

Brooke - (1983) - "Every Breath You Take" - Another good performance for her, I thought. Boy her hair looks really pretty on her like that. I really like her voice.

Michael - (1978) - "We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions" - Finally, he shows his stuff. And it's Hot. Stuff. He even makes Randy feel better.

Carly - (1983) - "Total Eclipse of the Heart" - Boy was she a cute little kid or what? She sang it well, but I didn't like it as much as some of the other stuff she's done. I think Simon's right, she seemed to be a little off, a little tense. I hope she's not in the bottom 3 again, because she doesn't deserve to be there.

David A. - (1990) - "You're the Voice" - His mother is Rosie Perez! Oh, enough with the inspirational songs, David! Sheila's opinion: "This is gay!" What the hell is this song? I think I'm having an Up With People flashback. WTF is wrong with Randy tonight? And Paula, too? They LIKE it? Not only was it a gay song, he didn't even sing it that well. Thank you, Simon for bringing us all back down to earth.

Kristy Lee Cookroach - (1984) - "God Bless the USA" - At least she's not wearing a flag. I'm rolling my eyes, but this is her niche and she's singing it well and it will keep her there for another week. She had her sights on her target audience and she hit a bullseye.

David C. - (1982) - "Billie Jean (Chris Cornell cover)" - Oh my God, his baby picture! I am so sorry David but I think that was the only ugly baby I've ever seen in my life! Man! Anyway, that was a brilliant song choice and he can really sing. Well done. One for the books, I think.

This was a much better night than last Tuesday. I think the bottom 3 will be Ramiele, Carly and Chikezie. Ramiele should go home.

2 comments:

J said...

Thanks Gin ~ see, I've been reading!

gina said...

So I see - thanks!