3.05.2008

Idol: Top 8 Gays - I mean Guys!

Alright, I'm just going to put this out there and hope I don't offend anyone.

This has got to be the GAYEST season of American Idol. Ever. Or at least the gayest season that I've seen (I was still a staunch opponent of reality TV back when Clay was on the show). The men are either actually gay or if they aren't they are totally singing gay songs!

Alright, yes, I'm exaggerating, and listen, they can be as gay as they wanna be, I say more power to them. I'm just struck by how emasculated they all seem to be. Is it just me? Was it always like this? I miss Bo.

Luke - "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - See what I mean? That is like the gayest song in the whole history of the world! Dude, that was a HUGE mistake and I don't think your pretty face is going to be enough to save you this week. In fact, it wasn't even powerful enough to keep me from looking away last night.

David A. - "Another Day in Paradise" - Yawn. He does have a nice voice, though.

Danny Noriega - "Tainted Love" - Danny is such a stereotype and he's just all about the attitude. Whatever, girlfriend. You are TMTH, Danny.

David H. - "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" - Yep, a Celine Dion song. I can barely remember it because all I kept thinking about was him doing the Full Monty with a booger in his nose.

Michael Johns - "Don't You Forget About Me" - If that isn't a perfectly ironic song for a singout, I don't know what is. It's just OK. I wish he could be just a little bit better.

David Cook the Word Nerd - "Hello" - Hello! Excellent cover that could be a single. Best of the night.

Jason Castro - "Hallelujah" - Very nice job. Very nice.

Chikezie - "All the (Wo)Man That I Need" - Yep, a Whitney Houston song. You know what he could have sung and been amazing? "At This Moment" by Billy and the Beaters. That came out in the 80s, right? Sigh. Instead he sings a freaking Whitney Houston song. WTF?

Now I want to hear "At This Moment".



Tonight, the ladies. I'm feeling kind of afraid.

2 comments:

J said...

Gin - the DJs on 101 had never heard "Hallelujah" before and were totally bashing him. I liked it - I think it was the one song I was awake for for some reason!

gina said...

I can't believe they never heard of that song! Wow.