3.06.2008

Idol: Top 8 Girls

I know this isn't news to anyone, but I still have to say it: Simon is the only person on that show that makes any sense whatsoever. Pauler is clearly a raving lunatic and I think Randy has a box of those refrigerator magnets with phrases on them, like "you got it going on!" or "100 million percent" or "pitchy", that he uses to form the sentences we hear him speak. There is no rhyme or reason - he just shakes that box up, pours the tiles onto the table in front of him and starts shouting out the words that come up.

Asia'h - "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" - Sigh. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, which I suppose is faint praise.

Kady - "Who Wants to Live Forever?" - Apparently not you, Kady.

Amanda - "I Hate Myself For Loving You" - Great song for her, but man she looks miserable! She's either wicked shy or she REALLY doesn't want to be there. I'm going to go with shy for now because I like her. She's not the best singer, you don't have to tell me that, but she's far more interesting than most of the rest of this bunch.

Carly - "I Drove All Night" - This is my favorite Cyndi Lauper song and she did a good job. It was a better fit for her than anything she's sung so far. And boy her mother is gorgeous, huh?

Here's Cyndi's version:



Kristy Lee Cook - "Faithfully" - Not bad, but I'm not sure Journey should be countrified.

Ramiele - "Against All Odds" - She's probably one of the best singers this season, but she keeps making poor song choices. And girl needs to wear lower heels so can do more on stage than just stand in one spot.

Brooke - "Love is a Battlefield" - Easily the best of the night. When she finished singing I said to Sheila that Randy was not going to get it, and true to form, he did not. Thankfully Simon did.

Syesha - "Saving All My Love For You" - I'm still not liking her. And she smiled way too much through that song.

Results show tonight, where 2 more guys and 2 more girls will be sent packing. I think poor, pretty Luke is the only sure thing.

No comments: