5.10.2005

Amalgamation and Capital

With my previous busy week, I was unable to catch up on my missed Deadwood episode until late this Sunday, and WHOA. I can't believe I wasn't spoiled in the meantime.

Nothing in depth, just a few quick notes:

  • I think the best line of the night went not to Al this time but to Miss I when she told the hovering Farnum to "F*ck off."
  • I know it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway - Wolcott is one crazy man. His baiting was Mose was electrifying. I can't figure out, though, why he would want Bullock brought over.
  • Charlie Utter takes a little piece of my heart each week. I think that besides Sol, he is the only truly principled man in Deadwood, or at least the only one whose conscience doesn't let him turn the other way. He and Jane are just spectacular together. How they can make me smile while feeling so sad is beyond me.
  • Jane and Joanie have hit it off nicely. I know that Jane spent some time in real life as a prostitute at the Gem, so I think I know where this relationship is going. "Queen Hooker", indeed.
  • It was quick thinking on Alma's part to write that letter to Al about her blabbing to Miss I and almost ruining Alma and Al's pact.
  • I was glad to see Martha and Alma make a sort of tenuous peace between each other, but that may be for naught now because...
  • ...if poor William dies, that'll be one less reason for Bullock to stay with Martha (although did promise to take care of them both), especially since Alma will be carrying his own child. The buildup to the accident had me pulling my hair out, it was so tense. While I was worried the whole time that something was going to happen to William, it was still a shock when it did happen.

I'll be watching this one again tonight, followed by this past Sunday's episode. Thank God for HBO On Demand. The way TV should be.

No comments: