5.25.2005

The Spy Who Loved Me.



From an e-mail I wrote about the May18 double Alias episode:

There was just so much that went on in those 2 hours. Man, that was SO good.

Lena Olin amazes me, the way she can make us believe she is not only a cold, cold, ass-kicking spy but also a loving and protective mother (well, you know what I mean). The look on Irina's face when she realized who Nadia was put a lump in my throat. Speaking of Nadia, wasn't that exchange between Irina and Jack about her interesting? Jack said that Irina would enjoy getting to know Nadia, that she was exceptional, and Irina gave this funny look and asked "I wonder who she gets that from?" with a sort of twinkle in her eye. Anybody else think she might have been implying that Nadia was in fact Jack's daughter and not Sloane's? Is that even possible?

I really enjoyed Sydney last night, too. You can see how much she's grown up when you set her next to Nadia. Whenever she says "Mom?", I think my heart breaks a little. It was nice to see her relax and have fun at the club. Oh, and all of the weapons in her bedroom!

Did anyone else let out a little *gasp* when Dixon went in for the kiss in the stairwell with Chase?! Syd and Jack's reaction in the hospital was so funny. And so was Jack's response during the kinky nightclub conversation: "Yes, you are both still on comms!". I am so in love with SpyDaddy - big ear, pucker-y mouth, wonky leg and all. He is the bomb. "As if weapons grade anthrax grows on trees!" Hee! You're right, eip, Garber and Lena Olin have awesome chemistry.

So has Sloane really gone over the edge? It seems that way, doesn't it? Even if he's fallen under the Rambaldi spell, I don't think that will be enough of an excuse to get him back into anyone's good graces. He's gone too far now. I expect he'll be a pretty big baddy next season (if he survives).

I loved how the writers were able to sort of make fun of the outlandish plot through Vaughn. It's totally crazy, but as long as they understand how ridiculous it sounds, it's okay with me.

I was totally diggin' Vaughn last night. Man! Everything he said to Sydney made me go "Aw", and I am not an "Aw" person. The only complaint I had was that he didn't speak French when Sydney said that the guy in the club was French. He speaks French and I get all tingly. Mon dieu!

My heart went out to Nadia last night. She was so like a little girl. She's really had a terrible life, if you think about it, and from looking at the previews, her future ain't lookin' so good. I hope that if things can't stay the way they are, that she at least turns evil and joins her daddy. If she dies it will just be too sad. Can you believe this, from me? Who thought earlier in the season that Nadia was ruining the show? Will wonders never cease?

Jesus, that was good.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Love the pic, gina!!

I am so looking forward to tonight's ep. :-D