5.20.2005

Deadwood

I thought this week's episode ("The Whores Can Come") was very good. Quickly:
  • Anna Gunn (Martha) really nailed the whole grief thing. The way her head moved so jerkily, as if the relentless horror of her son's death could be avoided by turning away, only to find that it's everywhere and there is no escape.
  • Preacher Andy needs to work on his funeral sermons, I think. Although if Cy has anything to do with it, he won't be around for much longer.
  • The scene where Alma accepts Ellsworth's proposal as her carries Sophia up the stairs was a lovely one.
  • So, we have Hearst coming to town. Does he really know of Wolcott's nasty habit? Will he finally be able to put ob-freakin'-noxious Cy in his place? Will poor E.B. lose his hotel?
  • Why did Mose Manuel live? (I haven't seen the previews)
  • There's something going on between Jane and Joanie - sexual tension, perhaps?
  • Everything Al said about Wu and the San Francisco c*cksucker went *zoom* over my head. All I got was that Al wasn't backing Wu in regard to the burning of the Chinese whores in the street (horrifying) because he didn't want to be seen to be taking sides at this point in the game. Maybe?

The season 2 finale (!) is this Sunday, don't forget!

1 comment:

Esther said...

Thanks for marking all these with a big ole Deadwood. That way, I see that immediately, and can scan my eyes down. lol

Can't wait to see Season 2! I'll have to check the release dates for this on DVD. :)