5.25.2005

Tube Talk

The final week of the regular television season is finally winding down, for my shows at least.

Quickly:

American Idol had its final showdown between Carrie and Bo last night, and what a really draggy show that was! Neither of them was at the top of their game, and the original songs they had to sing were complete crap. I heard rumors last night that Bo had come down with food poisoning the night before, which might explain his lethargic run through of "Vehicle", and that Carrie's throat has been bothering her, which might explain Simon's remark to her about saving her throat. Bo did a better job on "In Your Heaven", but he didn't really seem to be there in spirit; and Carrie sounded really sharp on all of her songs and I think she should have sang "Alone" instead of "Independence Day". Bottom line: As far as I'm concerned, it's a toss-up. I think Bo's more deserving, but it could really go either way right now.

Tonight's big results show is 2 hours long, folks. I'll be watching the LOST and Alias season finales and packing for vacation, waiting for my sister to tell me who won. I wrote up a few remarks last week about the awesome Alias and LOST episodes, and I want to post them here today before the finales tonight. See above.

Good luck, Bo. If you win, try not to get completely destroyed by the Idol-making machine.

No comments: