5.09.2005

I was just here. Where did I go?

Despite the fact that most of you know why posting has been a bit sporadic recently, I wanted to make at least a small effort to officially explain my absences.

Last Tuesday was the one year anniversary of my father's death so Sheila and I took a last minute trip up to our cabin in Maine. My father is buried nearby, at All Souls by the Sea Church, and we felt the need to be near him. I was very glad we were able to do it (thanks, Uncle Peter and Roseanne and everyone at my office who made sacrifices so I could get the time away), and it was a great comfort to be there. I took a slew of photos of the area scenery and greenery, so as soon as I get a chance to download them I'll start posting them.

No sooner was I back from Maine then I was on my way out the door again to visit a friend in New Jersey for her son's First Holy Communion. It was another whirlwind weekend (although one could almost call it a 'Lost Weekend') and I'm still recovering.

I'm back now for a bit, at least until I go away for a stay in a cabin at Mohawk Trail State Forest over Memorial Day weekend, so I'll do my best to keep up with things here, I promise!

No comments: