5.22.2005

Solitary Man

Neil Diamond, Unplugged and Unsequined: "They were working on a song called 'What's It Gonna Be,' on which Mr. Diamond plays acoustic guitar, something he has not done on a record for decades. The song was spare and unpolished, and the two were discussing whether it needed a second guitar to steady the rhythm. 'I just want to make sure we don't lose the loneliness of it,' Mr. Rubin said. "

There were 3 reasons for me to rent "Saving Silverman": Jack Black, Steve Zahn, and Neil Diamond. My whole family are big fans, actually. One of the few albums I remember my father listening to was a cassette tape of Diamond's "Live at the Greek" that he had in his car. Rubin did unbelievable things with Johnny Cash on his last CD, so I'm really looking forward to this.

No comments: