1.17.2007

Idol: Walking Into Doors and Forgetting to Write Down Names

First stop: Minneapolis and 2 hours that were almost completely devoid of talent. Out of 10,000 people, only seventeen were sent on to Hollywood.

I liked the girl who had been a crack baby...and that's about it.

The Shakira girl was pretty good, but I can see her personality wearing thin really fast.

The last girl, with the long, curly hair, had a really good voice, but she was sort of lacking any, I don't know, human quality. I think she may have been a robot.

The absolute best part of the night: people walking into the door on the way out of the audition room.

Tonight: Seattle and what looks to be the bottom of the genetic barrel.

Wait! Wait! I can't believe I forgot about the girl I liked the most - the one who works in her family's auto body shop, is in the Army Reserve and whose husband is in Baghdad? I loved her voice and thought she had a great personality.

OK, I think that's it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh heh I must admit I also enjoyed watching people walking into the door all night, too. You'd think they would have put a sign up, but I suppose that was the only thing making the judges happy after a while. I will miss some of Idol tonight, rats, so let me know who to look for on You tube later in the week.

gina said...

Beth, like J said, look for Darwin (also called herself "Misha") - she was the most memorable.