1.10.2007

This Old Kitchen

Kitchen Before

Alright, so we've gotten as far as ripping out the old cabinets, countertop and backsplash. The photo above is obviously a "before" shot. So very green, isn't it?

Here's what it looked like afterward:

Kitchen After Demo

Here's another "before" at a different angle:

Kitchen Before

And the "after":

Kitchen After Demo

Pretty, huh? The top half of the wall behind the stove will be knocked out, leaving a half wall that looks into the living room. We'll have to keep a post along the door frame because it's a load-bearing wall, but I think it will still make the space feel so much bigger.

The new cabinets are being delivered first thing tomorrow morning, and work begins this weekend. More photos to come!

2 comments:

Michael Markowitz said...

What amazing progress! I'm so jealous... My kitchen and master bath sorely need remodeling, but it's the kind of job that would require me to move out of my house for several months. When it's all said and done, I'd rather STAY in my house, without workmen, than have it be "perfect." Is that wrong? Or does it make me Mr. Short Term? :-)

gina said...

Ask me in 6 months, when I still don't have a finished kitchen ;).

Thanks!