3.30.2006

Idol Results: I told you I was afraid.

Jesus, nothing like scaring me half to death, America! I may be reduced to actually voting next week. Yep, it was one of those "shocking" Bottom 3s (or Bottom 2, actually).

But first, we had to get the product placement out of the way. First, they showed us a video that purported to be about the contestant's busy week between shows but what was really an advertisement for FOX's new Ice Age movie. Then there was the weekly Ford commercial. And finally, we had a Verizon Wireless ad live on stage in the form of Shakira and Wyclef Jean who, amazingly, were lip-synching on a singing competition. I liked the song but, whatever.

So who was our Bottom 3? Lisa was called first. No surprise there. Then Ace. Again, no surprise. (You know, this kid's going to develop an ulcer soon, if he hasn't already - he's the biggest bundle of nerves I have ever seen) It's down to Bucky and Katharine for the last spot and Bucky nearly passes out cold when Ryan calls Katharine to center stage. So did I.

Then it's revealed that Katharine had fewer votes than Ace! So he hyperventilates his way back to the bleachers. At this point I'm on the verge of throwing up. (that is so sad) Ryan finally relieves me of my torment and tells me that Lisa is going home. God, I can't go through that again - you'd better shape up Katharine!

One more quick note: How freakin' hilarious was it that Paris was crying on Taylor's shoulder?! Her dream boyfriend. And did you see there was a lady holding two signs up - one for Taylor and one for Paris. Too freaky.

We're down to nine and next week is Country Music Night.

No comments: