3.14.2006

Idol Results Show: The Sky Is Falling!

Original airdate 03/09/06

Last Thursday's American Idol results show gave us our Final 12, and for the most part, I think they got it right.

Before I go any further, however, let's talk about Bo. He performed his new single on this show and I have say...meh. He just looks and sounds like he would rather be doing something else. And he's too skinny.

So, as I was saying, we got our Final 12 and for the most part they got it right.

Except, that is, for the elimination of Gedeon over Mr. Chicken Little. Yes, Gedeon is an odd little person who doesn't seem to have ever left the comfort of his grandmother's living room in all of his 17 years, but that boy can wail and America should be ashamed that he's going home while Kevin thtays. It's not CL's fault that he's still there, and we'll only have ourselves to blame when the carnage begins tonight. It is not going to be pretty.

The other guy to leave was Will, and that was fine by me. Bye-bye Will.

As for the girls, it was no surprise to see Kinnik with the lowest votes. But I gasped when Melissa made it through to the Final 12 after the lashing she took from Simon last week. She must have gotten the backlash vote. Alas, poor Ayla had to go home. I never really warmed up to her but when she started to cry, I nearly did. She'll do just fine in whatever she pursues, though.

So, we have our final twelve, in no particular order (let's see if I can remember them without looking them up):

Guys:

Ace
Chris
Elliot
Taylor
Kevin
Bucky

Girls:

Mandisa
Paris
Lisa
Katharine
Melissa
Kellie

Tonight is going to be U-G-L-Y, people. The featured artist is Stevie Wonder. I've said it before and I'll say it again - no one but Stevie Wonder should sing a Stevie Wonder song. I don't know if I can watch 90 minutes of that.

1 comment:

gina said...

Question: Can more than one person sing the same song?