3.09.2006

Idol Top 8 Men: Thtarry, thtarry night...

Oh my goodness, what a weird show that was! Randy dreaming of Simon, Will speaking Japanese, Gedeon making thee world..go..round..with..mus-ic, an awesome spazz attack, a surprise twin and the Easter Bunny.

Not a stylist to be seen, however.

It scares me to say this, but Gedeon is growing on me. He's sort of fascinating in a "not from this earth" sort of way. And I just learned his backstory and it has endeared him to me. I have to remind myself that he is just 17 years old, a boy really. He's not my favorite, but he doesn't freak me out like he used to.

Chris was as good as ever, but I agree with Simon - the song choice was self-indulgent and boring. Like Lisa, he seems to be singing the same song every week.

I can't believe Elliot has 90% hearing loss in one ear! Again, I agreed with Simon - that song was a copout and Elliot looked very uncomfortable singing it. It wasn't bad, just not his best.

Bucky has a twin named Rocky. They're making this shit up, right? He did as well as he has all along - well enough to get him through to another week, I think. Or not. He's the wild card.

Will sang "How Sweet It is" and it really wasn't sweet at all.

Kevin does the whole Hummel Caroler thing and sings Don McLean's "Vincent" and Paula is so clueless that she tells Kevin he makes her smile, even though he's singing about suicide.

I don't know "Butterflies" from a hole in the wall so I don't know if he sang it well or not, but I'm not a fan of falsetto so that's one strike against Ace's performance last night. However, and here I go agreeing with Simon again, I do think he pulled it off. Surprisingly, he hasn't turned me off yet with all the love-making he does with the camera. He still seems so nervous when he performs, like he doesn't really understand that he's there for the long haul, and I like that. And he's pretty.

Finally, Taylor tore the place up with "Takin' It To The Streets", a really great performance. I was laughing right out loud at the moves though. Man, that was crazy! I had begun to wonder if some of his tics were affectations (and I know alot of people think they are), but after last night I really think he loses himself when he sings. Did you catch the expression on his face right after he finished, before the smile? So intense it was almost scary. My favorite performance of the night, both vocally and for entertainment value.

Tonight is the results show where we'll get our Final 12. And I think we'll say bye-bye to Kevin and Will.

1 comment:

gina said...

LOL, oops! I meant *Ryan* dreaming of Simon. Not Randy.