4.10.2008

BSG: Episode 4.01 (SPOILERS)



He That Believeth In Me

It's been a loooong 53 weeks without any new Battlestar Galactica. Fifty-three weeks, people! That is just wrong. But guess what? In case you haven't heard (ha!), season 4 premiered last Friday night. Mhm. And it was incredible.

  • While I knew that Tigh wasn't really shooting Adama, that didn't lessen the impact of seeing him do it. I thought that was a great way of showing what is probably Tigh's greatest fear - that he would do what he saw Boomer do.
  • How about Sam getting scanned by the raider? What do you think happened when his eye went red? Was he involuntarily sending a message to the raider, or was the raider somehow "activating" him? I think it was the first option, that Sam's programming clicked in when the raider was scanning him and he came up "positive" and that's why the Cylons bugged out.
  • So where (or when) has Starbuck been all of this time? Why was she flying a brand new viper? The viper she was flying was most certainly destroyed, so where did she get this one? Did she really die and resurrect? The title comes from the biblical story of Lazarus: "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" Who will believe Starbuck in the end? And will believing in Starbuck bring them to their end?
  • At first the idea of Baltar having his own cult following was a bit over the top for me; but when it turned out that it was more like the Manson Family with that crazy chick getting medieval on that guy's ass in the bathroom, I thought yes, that's more like it, that's the kind of girl Baltar would attract. He's still a major horndog, but I do believe he experienced some sort of spiritual awakening in this episode and that he was truly willing to give his life for the boy.

As the end nears (it's over after this 20-episode season), I'm becoming increasingly worried how things will end up. Will they ever find Earth? If they do, what Earth will it be? Present-day Earth? I don't think so. Pre-historic Earth? Maybe. Future Earth? Possibly. But will they all make it there? I have a bad feeling and that bad feeling tells me no.

1 comment:

Johnny_Canuck said...

I have a hard time keeping up with this series as it is at 8:00 Pm Fridays, usually happy hour around here. however I DO like it,, caught all of the last 15 minutes yesterday