4.30.2008

Idol Top 5: Results

And the Neil Diamond massacre continues with the group sing. I think the fact that I'm gunning for Archuleta so badly is beginning to ruin my enjoyment of the show. All I see is his dopey face and all I hear is his dopey voice.

Ryan does damage control for Paula's flub last night by not addressing it at all and simply saying that Paula is a part of their family and is not going anywhere. OK. Whatever.

Ryan puts the first two safe singers on the couch: David A. (no surprise) and Jason, and that does surprise me. His fan base must have been power voting last night after the Second Song debacle.

And then he adds Cook to the sofa and the Bottom 2 are Syesha and Brooke. I think it's a toss up as to who goes home.

Mr. Diamond sings something new, "Pretty Amazing Grace" and he sounds great. Really mellow, but really great.

Alrighty, which girl is going to go? Ryan says...Tonight is the night that Brooke leaves us. It's not a surprise, but I will miss her. A lot. And I think that was the saddest singout I have ever seen. *sniff*

David Cook is the only keeping my interest anymore.

I'll be in New Orleans next week, so there won't be a recap from me. You're on your own!

1 comment:

J said...

Gin - I can't believe there is no shout out here for Mama Diamond! Was she too funny or what? My first thought was, "His mother is stll alive?" and then they show her and she doesn't really look much older than him!