4.01.2008

Idol: Top 9 Performances

It's Dolly Parton night.

Brooke - "Jolene" - Good song choice for her, but I think she lacked the gravitas the song needed. This'll get lost in the bunch, especially since she's first.

David C. - "Little Sparrow" - This time he does his own arrangement and it's really good. He's very confident, as well he should be. He deserves to be voted for based on the new haircut alone. Yay for the new haircut!

Ramiele - "[?] " - Oops, I missed the name of the song. Wow, Ramiele has become unglued from the stage! She showed more personality this time around, and she managed to move (clumsily) around the stage but...eh. Yeah, she's adorable, but when she opens her mouth, well, not so adorable anymore. She's got to be one of the most uninteresting contestants I've ever seen on this show.

Jason - "Travelin' Through" - Better than last week. Much better. Great, folksy song choice for him, it has a great laid back, groovy vibe. I usually agree with Simon, but not on this - Simon's wrong. And just a note, Jason: If you plan on having kids some time in the future, you might want to ease up on the painted on jeans. Just saying.

Carly - "Here You Come Again" - GOD, she needs a stylist. Or if she has one, she should be fired. However, that aside, she was great. Nice showcase for her voice. Beautiful rendition of that song. Wait -- Oh, Simon, that was just wrong. I mean, yeah, I made mention of her bad clothes but no one reads this blog! I can't believe he told her she needs to work on her appearance, in front of millions of people. Carly looked like she wanted to cry and I can't blame her one bit. People are going to be burning up the phone lines for her tonight. Last week she had to stand up in front of America and say "No, I'm not pregnant", which is basically saying "I'm just fat." And now this.

Simon must hate Dolly Parton's music because he's a bitch tonight.

David A. - "Smoky Mountain Memories" - He sings it really nicely, but this kid just doesn't do it for me. YAWN.

Kristy Lee Cook - "Coat of Many Colors" - Alright, she should be in her element tonight. She acquits herself nicely, but she seemed to have some problems getting her breath when she was singing. Not as much of a home run as it should have been. And not a good idea to sass Simon, Kristy, especially tonight when he's got a serious stick up his ass.

Syesha - "I Will Always Love You" - Will she sing the low-key Dolly version or Whitney the hell out of it? She does a little bit of both and you know what, I think she did a pretty good job. I'm not digging the way she's always on and knows exactly where the camera is at all times, but that wasn't as much of a mess as I thought it might have been.

Michael - "[?]" - Oh MY. H-O-T. Yes, Michael, you can use me for a while. Oo, did I say that out loud? Sweet Jesus, I am downloading this from iTunes, and I have never done that before. DAYUM. I got so worked up I missed the name of the song.

Results tomorrow night. Ramiele, your time is up.

No comments: