4.21.2008

This is CNN on meth.

CNN reporter Richard Quest arrested in Central Park: "Quest was initially busted for loitering, the source said. Aside from the oddly configured rope, the search also turned up a sex toy inside of his boot, and a small bag of methamphetamine in his left jacket pocket.

It wasn't immediately clear what the rope was for.

The criminal complaint says the officer at the scene was able to ID the drug because of 'his prior experience as a police officer in drug arrests, observation of packaging which is characteristic of this type of drug, and defendant's statements that . . . 'I've got some meth in my pocket.' '"

You have to read the article to find out how the rope was "configured".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, is that the most embarassing story of the day or what. *shudder* You sure do find all the, er, interesting stories for us! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I bet it'll take a while for him to love this one down.

Can I just ask? Why bother to *have* a sex toy if he doesn't know where to put it? ;)

I love how they go to all the trouble to explain how the officer knew he had meth, and then finish it up by the statement, "I've got some meth one me."

Here is my actual question:
do you really get in trouble for not having ID on you?
*"Quest's unidentified companion was given a summons for not carrying any identification, the source said."*
I seldom carry ID with me...

gina said...

It may take a long time for him to love this one down, but I'm sure he'll be up for it. Badump bump!

I heard about this on the radio this morning and I just had to hunt the story down online.