4.08.2008

Idol Top 8: Performances

It's Idol Gives Back week, and according to the TVGuide: "The eight remaining finalists perform inspirational songs". Oy VAY. David A. must be wetting his pants in anticipation. All I know is I'm sick and I don't feel like doing this to begin with and the last thing I need is an hour of inspirational songs. This isn't going to be pretty.

Quick word about the judges: Simon looks like he has a suburn and Paula's corset is a little tight. Paula's ladyberries are up to her chin in that getup.

Michael - "Dream On" - OK, so maybe these "inspirational" songs won't be too hard to listen to. He's got the ascot on again, but I don't think he's working it tonight. And those pants do nothing for him. He did a good job with the song, but I prefer the style of last week's performance.

Syesha - "I Believe" - She chooses another song that's going to draw comparisons (to Fantasia this week). Oo, that was all over the place and really? Kind of bad. Paula's just going to be nice to everyone tonight, I guess.

Jason - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - Oh, very pretty. I love this version. Very, very nice. He still needs to let out his inseam or something.

Kristy Lee Cookroach - "Anyway" - a Martina McBride song. That's a pretty song. I think that was probably a good song choice for her.

David C. - "Innocent" - Poor, poor song choice. I liked the "give back" on his hand. Simon's going to say it was self-induglent -- actually, he says it was pompous. It wasn't his best.

Carly - "The Show Must Go On" - Another really odd song choice. I agree with Simon - she does come off more angry than inspired.

David A.- "Angel" - Oh, I love this Robbie Williams song. Of course, David takes all of the soul out of it. And he's hitting some really bum notes. Oh geez, he really massacred that song. Just one more reason for me to not like you, David. Of course, the judges love him and I do not GET IT.

Brooke - "You've Got A Friend" - I like the way she just sings a song, without all of the acrobatics, Syesha. I liked it better than the judges did.

My favorites of the night: Jason and Brooke. I think the Bottom 3 will be Carly, Michael and Syesha. Brooke might end up there. We'll find out on Thursday night - tomorrow night is Idol Gives Back. Grab your kleenex, folks.

2 comments:

J said...

Hey Gin - still loving your recaps although my current circumstances are not allowing me my normal viewing time and DH won't pay for tivo or dvr...but that is a separate post!

Did manage to catch a glimpse of my man Bono last night in the hospital...he still hasn't found what he's looking for but I am RIGHT here for the taking. He is aging) and I totally "get" the shades after a few close-ups) but so am I and I still LUUUUV him :o)

ps - I'm sick too - sitting here w/one of those awesome runny noses that you don't feel coming until the snot is already on your face! good times

gina said...

I was so sick last night that I actually had to go lie down at around 7:00 and I slept until about 9:00, so I missed the first half of IGB.

I did see Miley Cyrus and I was like WTF? Jesus, she's annoying as hell.

Growing old with Bono...I like the sound of that.

LOL, about the phantom runny nose! I had that happen to me at work last month. Dripped right onto my shirt while I was sitting at my desk. Thankfully no one was in my office at the time.

Hope you're feeling better soon!