4.03.2008

One day, 10 hours to go...


TWoP has posted an excellent recap of the recent BSG press conference and "upfronts" party.

Cylons and Hotties and Writers… Oh My!: "I'm sitting in the auditorium where the BSG press conference is going to start, I got there early so I had a pretty prime seat. While I'm pondering the miracle that is magnetic name tags (seriously, why didn't someone think of this before...or heck, why didn't I think of it? And could the Eureka peeps have had anything to do with it). When I realize that the library is not only the Morgan Library, but also the J. Pierpont Morgan library, which makes me think of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying and Megan Mullally singing 'J. Pierpont...' to Matthew Broderick, then I suddenly realize to myself that I'm not only a big sci-fi geek, but probably lame for knowing this random fact. Thank the gods I didn't start singing. I seriously need a life.

I try focusing on the nice ethereal BSG music that's playing and start looking around the rather large auditorium and wonder why more people aren't here. Don't they get it? Hopefully the lack of attendees will boost my chances of meeting either of the two Adamas, or if I'm really lucky Madame President herself."

No comments: