4.22.2008

Idol Top 6: Performances

It's musical theater night, with songs from Andrew Lloyd Weber, the guy who did Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Les Miserables, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita...just a ton of stuff. This ought to be interesting.

Oo! Mulder's in the audience! Hee! Maybe he can investigate the unexplained phenomenon of David Archuleta's appeal.

Syesha - "One Rock & Roll Too Many" - Syesha's an actress, I think she's in her element tonight. And she sounds good. And she looks amazing. I still don't like her personality, but being good at musical theater didn't exactly hurt Jennifer Hudson's career.

Jason - "Memories", from Cats - He's no "ancient glamour puss", but he sang it very prettily. It's definitely not up his alley, but he didn't bomb.

Brooke - "You Must Love Me", from Evita - Yikes, a false start, wow. Awkward. That threw her off, but I think she ended up doing an admirable job, especially with her nerves the way they are. I think she did a great job of conveying the emotion in the song, and that's where she's the strongest. But I don't think it was enough to save her this week.

David A. - "Think of Me", from Phantom of the Opera - They bring up all these little girls to hug him and I think I'm going to puke. Anyway, the performance...ALW's advice: he must keep his eyes open when he sings. Ha! OK, so the performance...YAWN. Am I imaginging things or has this kid sung this song a couple of times already? Simon, you are so right - it's forgettable.

Carly - "Jesus Christ Superstar" - She wanted to sing some slow song, but ALW told her she's more suited to JCS. Good advice, Sir Andrew. Very good advice. That was one of her best performances, IMO. Wow. Carly just brought the house down. Good for her.

David C. - "Music of the Night", from Phantom of the Opera - Now that's how you sing a ballad, Little David. I'm surprised he sang it straight, but I think he needed to in order to show he can sing. And he really can.

Results tomorrow night. I'll take a guess and say the Bottom 3 will be Syesha, Brooke and Jason, with Brooke going home.

1 comment:

J said...

thanks G!